Six minutes or 30?* How long your steak will take depends on many factors, for to prepare a perfect steak is NOT ALWAYS SIMPLE, even for pros.
The following (selected) factors influence the cooking time for the perfect steak, some of them considerably:
* A 1-inch steak to be cooked “rare” might be ready after 6 minutes on high heat, while a 2-inch bone-in steak might take 30 minutes to become medium on medium or low heat.
How to cook the perfect steak – First time round
- Buy a great cut of meat, at least 1.5 inches/4 cm thick.
- Take your steak out of the refrigerator or cooler about an hour before cooking.
- Coat your steak with light oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Prepare your grill or frying pan with a light coat of oil.
- Choose your SteakChamp degree (e. g. medium rare).
- Sear both sides of the steak on high heat for two minutes.
- Reduce heat (ideal temperature: 260°-340° F / 130°-170° C) and turn the steak periodically to ensure even results.
- When the SteakChamp begins to double flash, remove the steak from the fire and let it rest until the double flashing signal stops. Your steak is now perfect.
- Remove SteakChamp and season the steak to taste.